Thursday, April 24, 2008

OK, maybe I'll paint one more pillow


Well, I still haven't come up with any brilliant, original compositions. I guess I need to paint... another pillow! I'm at least painting something, and I like the colors.

I think I'm a secondary color triad person (that would be green, purple and orange - vs. red, yellow, and blue primary colors). Is that similar to liking the minor keys in music? I have no idea. Maybe.

I painted this painting freehand as well - that is pencil sketch on canvas while looking at pillow which was propped up nearby.

My respect for a painter (like Miro in this case - who I believe inspired these designs) always increases when I try to do something in their style. What looks like a simple work initially....turns out to made by someone who is, in fact, a highly skilled artist - who is making something look easy.

No comments: